We spent Christmas in Virginia this year. It is always great to spend time with Laith's family there. We visited the Biltmore House, a famous mansion and tourist attraction in North Carolina before heading back home. It was spectacular!
I started a new position at work in November. I am now a part of the Creative Services team as the Continuity Coordinator - This position wears many hats. I handle client billing, some commercial production (directing the editors on how to create the spots, ordering voice overs, graphic, scripts, etc), manage relationships with vendors, support our creative leads with administrative duties, and coordinate on commercial shoots. I even starred as an extra in a car commercial last week! Our team is like the creative agency for our advertising clients. The creative leads come up with ideas for our clients' commercials and then hire production comanies to handle the production of the commercials under their direction. Part of this is client brainstorms which are very fun! We get 10-15 people together in a room and brainstorm ideas for commercials based on the clients needs. I am enjoying this new position a lot!
A few commercial shoots I went on last week:
Laith and I are both busy in school. He is currently taking online classes through Brandman university to wrap up his Bachelor's in Education with a minor in History. His plan is still to become a middle school History teacher after getting out of the Air Force next year. He is passionate about history and will be a great teacher!
I have managed to keep straight A's throughout my program at USF so far - not sure how! This year I have taken: Foundations of Organizations and Management, Public Policy & the Regulatory Environment, and Accounting and Finance Fundamentals. Our cohort of 15 students is getting to know each other very well and we have a lot of fun together. One year til graduation!
Here is my cohort:
Laith has started an Incubus tribute band, which is one of our favorite bands, and has been playing shows all over Sacramento and even one in Fresno. They are great! He is also on the commity for Concerts in the Park - a weekly concert series in Ceasar Chavez Park every Friday through the summer. He gets to help pick out the bands and hosts 2 shows per season. He and his band The Original had the opportunity to open for Finch, one of his favorite bands, at Ace of Spades. And when he is not playing a show or hosting a show he is attending a show. Most recently we saw Mumford & Sons in Berkely and up next is John Mayer and Phil Phillips in July!
Laith opening for Finch at Ace of Spades:














Great to have some new stuff to see, Grandma checks occasionally. If you are posting, she will start checking more often. Great pictures!
ReplyDelete