Friday, November 27, 2009

Here comes Christmas!!!


Well, as Thanksgiving is wrapping up, it's just about our favorite time of year! I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving with family, friends and great food, as we did! This year I started Thanksgiving day by running in the Run to Feed the Hungry, a 5k race in Sacramento. We then had an early dinner with some of my family and the Larrabee family, it was great! Our second dinner was with our cousin's family, we were still full, but it was great as well! Tomorrow will be our Jukes Family Thanksgiving dinner up at my parents, with 90% of the family there. I can't wait! We truly appreciate having so many wonderful people in our lives!

Today we both had the day off, which is so wonderful! Laith was soooo excited to put up the Christmas lights, he got right to it! As soon as he finished and we were admiring his fine work... the rain stared, what perfect timing! After many trips to Lowes (who has a 10% military discout, yay!) we have quite the collection of christmas decor. We spent the day listening to Christmas music, putting up lights, decorating, and then.... went and bought our first real tree!!! It smells so wonderful! In years past we've only had a three foot artificial tree; it will now go to Laith's classroom.

We're so excited for this Christmas season and can't wait for all the fun family parties, on the east coast and west!

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with you lights and inside decor. I love the angel amounst the berries. The pups look adorable in their blankets and Hokie look like she really enjoyed wearing the Santa hat. It looks like you are off to a great start for your Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete